To Your Health
As a member of the Tea Council of Canada, Barbour's supports ongoing research into the health benefits of tea. According to a 1999 Angus Reid survey, 9 out of 10 Canadians drink some type of tea. However, did you know that tea is a natural and pleasant way to boost your physical and mental health?
- Tea is rich in strong, naturally-occurring antioxidants, which help to neutralize and destroy harmful molecules implicated in many chronic diseases (e.g., cancer, heart disease).
- With 2 – 3 times less caffeine than coffee, tea contains an average of 34mg of caffeine per 6 oz. cup
- Drinking tea is a relaxing ritual that soothes anxiety. Plus, tea helps to reduce chemical triggers for heart attacks and levels of stress hormones
- Tea contains no additives, artificial flavourings or colours, and when enjoyed without milk or sugar, no calories.
- For more information on Benefits of tea click here